Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Homework

In my quest to finish homework, I often come up with interesting yet unrelated ideas. Some relate to my views on life and how they are changing. Some are great ideas for a story or book, but must be put off till later. Well, now I at least keep an idea book, so that these are not completely forgotten. Call it a journal, but its mostly ramblings, like this - just more private.

On another note - I hope the climate of testing changes in the public school system, I feel that I have so much more to give these students than simply preparing them for a test. And I did realize that I want tolerance to be more a part of the curriculum - we preach it, but often do not practice it as teachers, and I am even guilty of it. I love reflecting though - it makes me realize my shortcomings and what I need to improve upon.

1 comment:

  1. i love journaling! :) it's funny to look back on old stuff... and i still have to fill the "boys are stupid" one you gave me :)

    ReplyDelete