Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hyppocrites....

Be it known that I am not trying to preach at all...but:
In a graduate level class of teachers I noted something tonight - we always talk about how to engage students and that we expect them not to engage in distracting behavior during class time. If we expect this of our students, I would then expect no less in a graduate class. I admit, I will fidget, twirl my pen, or my feet may do a little dance under the table. Even more, I may feel the need to jot down ideas that will be gone within two seconds. The behavior I speak of is more like checking your phone and texting, side conversations, and completing work that is obviously not related during class time (especially during peer presentations). Just had to write that I find this ridiculous in a class of teachers at this level of education. Ok fine, I'm not all that engaged all the time, but at least I don't make it obvious! Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment